Updated as at 7 March 2021. Updates will be made as we receive advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
SkyCity Hamilton’s casino and food and beverage venues have moved to COVID-19 Level 1 restrictions.
The health and safety of our staff and guests is our number one priority and we will continue to keep you updated.
SkyCity Conditions of Entry
- If sick, please don’t come to SkyCity Hamilton
- If you are feeling sick, please, DO NOT come to SkyCity. Please stay at home and seek medical advice. Take care of yourself and only come to SkyCity when you have fully recovered. By doing so, you will be keeping yourself and others safe.
- Casino entry guidelines
- Under Alert Level 1, all people who enter the casino or one of our food and beverage outlets must scan in via the NZ COVID-19 Tracer App or via our manual forms. This will ensure we have a central register of who is on site and when, so we can support the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, if required.
- Facial recognition technology operating onsite may also be used to record customer visitation to ensure SkyCity can support the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, if required.
- Wear a mask if you wish
- If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, then you’re welcome to bring your own and wear whilst here at SkyCity Hamilton. We will ask you to remove your mask briefly for identification purposes.
- Don’t be concerned if you see members of staff wearing masks
- Don’t be alarmed if you see some of our own team wearing masks. It’s not a mandatory requirement, but some of the team may choose to wear them for their own peace of mind.
- Sanitise regularly
- Please sanitise or wash your hands regularly. We have multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout SkyCity Hamilton. Please take advantage and use them. We have plenty available to keep you safe when you’re visiting us.
- Good cough & sneeze etiquette
- When you visit SkyCity Hamilton, please ensure you have good cough and sneeze etiquette. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues. Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately. Follow up with using our hand sanitiser or alternatively wash your hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds).
- Don’t forget to ‘Stay 1 metre away.’ Please respect other people’s space and stay 1 metre away whilst talking and playing.
- Be kind
- Remember to ‘Be kind’ to staff and fellow SkyCity patrons and please enjoy yourself while here.
- 4 patrons per lift
- Please limit 4 to a lift – unless you’re visiting SkyCity with people from your bubble.
- Extra cleaning regimes
- Extra cleaning regimes have been implemented. We have stepped up the frequency of cleaning to ensure high touch surfaces are sanitised.
- We’ll have alcohol based sanitiser wipes available if you wish to sanitise your gaming space for further peace of mind.
SkyCity details under Alert Level 1
SkyCity Hamilton Casino will continue to be open 24 hours daily during COVID-19 Level 1.
Note that the final day of the Crisp Cash prize draws promotion (scheduled from 6pm-10pm on Sunday 28 February) and the Lucky Luggage promotion (scheduled to begin on Wednesday 3 March) have both been postponed. We will provide more information when new dates are confirmed.
SkyCity’s restaurants and Bowl and Social will also continue to be open.
- Casino Food and Beverage outlets Vue Bar and Number 8 Bar - open 24 hours daily.
- Bowl and Social – Mon-Sun from 9am
- EAT Burger - Mon-Sun from 11am
- The Local Taphouse - Mon-Sun from 11am
- Zone Sports Bar – Fri-Sun from 12noon
Please Note: The opening details may be subject to change.