Updated as at 14 September 2021. Updates will be made as we receive advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health.
Tier entry restrictions have been lifted however customers may be required to queue when we are near capacity.
We will continually review our capacity and may change the membership tier entry restrictions from time-to-time to ensure we are adhering to Alert Level 2 restrictions.
Following the regional move to COVID-19 Alert Level 2, SkyCity Hamilton is pleased to announce that we will re-open our doors at 4pm on Wednesday 8 September with stringent COVID-19 'Delta' Alert Level 2 measures in place. SkyCity Hamilton has introduced new Health and Safety measures to minimise the risk of transmission under Alert Level 2 and with the health and safety of our staff and guests being our number one priority please keep the following in mind:
SkyCity Conditions of Entry
- If sick, please don't come to SkyCity Hamilton
- If you are feeling sick, please, DO NOT come to SkyCity Hamilton. Please stay at home and seek medical advice. Take care of yourself and only come to SkyCity when you have fully recovered. By doing so, you will be keeping yourself and others safe.
- Masks must be worn while visiting SkyCity Hamilton – Gaming areas
- All customers visiting SkyCity Hamilton Casino must be wearing a mask over their nose and mouth, unless actively eating or drinking.
- Although there will be a limited number of masks available for our customers, we ask that you bring your own mask to SkyCity Hamilton.
- To enter the Casino, we will ask you to lower your mask briefly for identification purposes.
- Our staff members are also required to wear masks, unless exempt for medical reasons.
- All customers are required to scan in via the Government's NZ COVID Tracer app
- Under Alert Level 2, all people who enter the Casino, Bowl and Social or one of our Food and Beverage outlets must scan in via the NZ COVID Tracer app or via our manual forms. This will ensure we have a central register of who is on site and when, so we can support the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, if required.
- In preparation for your visit we recommend that you have the NZ COVID Tracer app downloaded on your mobile phone.
- Additional Casino entry guidelines
- At certain times we may limit access to the Casino to specific tiers of Premier Rewards membership in order to better manage visitation numbers. Further details of the current restrictions are outlined below.
- In addition to the use of the NZ COVID Tracer app, facial recognition technology operating on-site may be used to record customer visitation to ensure SkyCity can support the Ministry of Health with contact tracing, if required.
- The number of customers on the gaming floor will be limited and the gaming floor will be divided into zones to ensure appropriate physical distancing between customers and staff at all times. There may be separate entrances for each zone and these will be displayed clearly on-site.
- Due to reduced capacity you may be required to queue until space becomes available.
- To ensure distance between players, we have configured our gaming machines in a way which ensures physical distancing and a maximum of three players will be allowed on any one table game. Back betting won't be permitted to reduce crowding.
- Customers are unable to eat or drink while at a gaming table.
- Sanitise regularly
- Please sanitise or wash your hands regularly. We have multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout SkyCity Hamilton. Please take advantage and use them. We have plenty available to keep you safe when you're visiting us.
- Physical Distancing Practices
- All queues in public spaces around SkyCity Hamilton will require customers to stand 2 metres apart.
- Once customers are inside the Casino, Bowl and Social or a SkyCity Hamilton Food and Beverage outlet they must stay 1 metre apart. Please respect other people's space and stay 1 metre away whilst talking and playing.
- Only three people per table game sitting 1 metre apart.
- Gaming machines have been reconfigured to ensure customers are sitting at least 1 metre apart.
- If you are dining in one of our Food and Beverage outlets please scan in on entry and take a seat. One of our servers will come to your table to take your order (this includes dining spaces on the Main Gaming Floor).
- Be kind
- Remember to 'Be kind' to staff and fellow SkyCity customers and please enjoy yourself while you're here.
- 4 patrons per lift
- Please limit 4 to a lift – unless you're visiting SkyCity with people from your bubble.
- Extra cleaning regimes
- Extra cleaning regimes have been implemented. We have stepped up the frequency of cleaning to ensure high touch surfaces are sanitised.
- We'll have alcohol based sanitiser wipes available if you wish to sanitise your gaming space for further peace of mind.
SKYCITY DETAILS UNDER ALERT LEVEL 2
We will continually review our capacity and may change the membership tier entry restrictions from time-to-time to ensure we are adhering to Alert Level 2 restrictions. The latest entry restrictions will be published at the top of this page.
SkyCity Hamilton Casino will continue to be open 24 hours daily during COVID-19 Alert Level 2.
The Surprise Drive promotion has been postponed. We will provide more information when new dates are confirmed.
SkyCity Hamilton's restaurants and Bowl and Social will also continue to be open.
- Casino Food and Beverage outlets Vue Bar and Number 8 Bar - menu available from Monday - Thursday 10am - 1am, Friday 10am – 3am, Saturday 7am – 3am & Sunday 7am – 1am.
- EAT Burger - will open at 4pm Wednesday 8 September and be open daily from 11am
- The Local Taphouse – will open at 4pm Wednesday 8 September and be open daily from 11am
- Bowl and Social – will open on midday Thursday 9 September and be open daily from 9am
- Zone Sports Bar – will open at midday Friday 10 September and be open daily from 11am
Please be aware that SkyCity Auckland is currently closed due to the COVID-19 Alert Level 4 restrictions in place in Auckland. Please ensure you are complying with the Government's regional travel restrictions.
We look forward to welcoming you to SkyCity Hamilton. Please stay safe.