- the kinds of personal information we collect from you;
- how we collect and hold your personal information;
- why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information; and
- how you can access the personal information that we hold about you, and how you can correct that information if required.
Collection and Storage of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you when you make an application for funding, work with us on any joint projects, or otherwise actively provide us with your personal information. The information we collect may include:
- your name and position at your organisation
- your contact information, which may include your email address, physical address and/or phone number
- any photographs that you send the Trust of your project/programme
- information about your interactions with us
In some circumstances we may collect your personal information from third parties that you have authorised to provide such information to us, other persons or entities that we are working with to co-fund any organisation or project, or those that are required to provide such information in accordance with the law.
We may also collect anonymised and aggregated information about how people use and interact with our websites. Individuals cannot be identified from this information.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information in order to:
- process and make decisions on applications for funding
- meet our reporting obligations under the Charities Act 2005
- perform any services, or provide any support, we have agreed to provide to you or your organisation, including to deliver any funds
- where you have subscribed, send you our newsletter
- carry out our internal administrative activities
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share information with:
- the Department of Internal Affairs, Charities Services and any other parties in order to meet our legal obligations under the Charities Act 2005
- other persons or entities that we are working with to co-fund any organisation or project
- our service providers
- our related companies and entities
Third Party Websites
Storage of Personal Information
Your personal information is collected by us and, in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020, we may store your personal information for as long as it may lawfully be used for our legitimate purposes.
No data transmissions over the internet are completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure the security of information transmitted from or to you. However, once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to protect the information against loss or misuse, and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
Your personal information is securely stored in our on-site databases and through cloud-based storage, some of which is managed by our external service providers. Only certain authorised staff can access your personal information and these staff members (as well as our external providers) are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information at all times. Direct access to the databases is restricted to ensure your data remains secure and protected and we use all reasonable means to protect your personal information securely against unauthorised use and access.
Right to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, request or correct the personal information that we hold about you at any time by contacting email@example.com.
For more information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.org.nz
A copy of the Privacy Act 2020 and the Information Privacy Principles can be accessed here www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2020/0031/latest/LMS23223.html