We will look at applications for new initiatives or projects that require start-up funding or a small grant. These could be small grants which could be game changers with the funding of ideas with the potential for insightful impact. There will be no requirement for entities to have legal status.
An annual budget of $100,000 will be available for grants of up to $10,000 to be agile and responsive. Grants will be approved under Delegated Financial Authority.
How do I apply?
Applications will be received through our SmartyGrants portal here.
How much can I apply for?
The maximum grant that can be approved under Seed is $10,000.
How often can I apply?
We will only approve one grant per financial year (1 July to 30 June).
What do I need to provide in an application?
Organisations applying for Seed funding will need to provide the following:
- Entity name and contact details.
- Project title
- Funding amount requested.
- Purpose of the funding
- Budget and any other funders
- Annual Financial Statements (less than 18 months old)
If you are not a registered Charity, we can still receive an application from your organisation or entity, however, we do not fund individuals or businesses. We will need a letter of support (less than 12 months old) from an organisation that is registered with Charities Services and is aware of the project that funding is being sought for.
How will my application be assessed?
Your application will be assessed by the Trust to ensure it aligns with the outcomes and priorities that the Trust is wanting to support. We will be looking at how this application fits the criteria for the Seed grant. Is it a new or start up initiative? How could it be a game changer? Is there the potential for future impact?
How are decisions made?
There is no closing date for Seed, decisions are made monthly once we have all the information we need.
What else do I need to know?
- Terms and Conditions: The Trust has Terms and Conditions that must be accepted by all organisations that are approved to receive grants. A copy of the Terms and Conditions are on our website, as well as attached to the application form. By making an application for funding under Seed, your organisation is accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- Payment of the grant: If your application is successful, the grant will be paid to the account of your organisation. We will need evidence of the bank account details with a bank deposit slip.
- Reporting back: We will ask you to provide us with a report once the funds have been spent or the project has been completed. We will provide this to you through our SmartyGrants application portal.